Thursday, October 30, 2008

TODAY

TODAY I start to be better at our family blog. I wanted to put so much on here and keep thinking I have to play catch-up first. Well - I can't do that at one sitting. So here is TODAY! :D I'll be posting stuff from last summer, this school year and stuff as I get the chance.

TODAY is also day to start an on-line journal. Maybe this will help me journal more than just a Word document and really much more than keeping a handwritten journal. (http://www.ldsjournal.com - FREE of course) And actually this is copied from my first entry so I thought I would share it here! :D

TODAY I have a cold... and possibly a fever. :P

TODAY the kids are off of school! Yay! I love having them home.

TODAY I was supposed to do laundry, but I decided to do it tomorrow instead.

TODAY the house is a mess (not unusual... that's most days).

TODAY I didn't have to teach Seminary because of school being off. I got to sleep IN!!! WOW! It felt great.

TODAY Brett gets his braces on! Whoa... We've been looking up videos (YouTube is an amazing place) of people getting braces on... we've been Googling images of braces... we've been creating a menu around braces (we know he'll be sore the first couple of days). It's only 4 hours away now and he's pretty nervouse. I think we've thought about it too much. "Slap those puppies on" I say!

TODAY Scotty is finishing cleaning their room. I hope. I hear more playing than cleaning. I'll know it's done when I hear the vacuum trying to suck up Legos.

TODAY Eric goes to Illinois for work. He won't be home tonight. :( Scotty will probably sleep with me. Eric won't get see Brett's braces until tomorrow, so we're taking a picture and e-mailing it to him.

TODAY Lisa L. works so I should go let Misty out. She called last night to try to entice me to come over with her leftovers (pie, soup etc.). We'll do it anyway.

TODAY I have to be sure I have all the pieces to Scotty's costume and try to figure out something for Brett (if he wants to dress up). I keep trying to convince him to go as a baked potato (brown garbage bag stuffed and then cover him in tinfoil. Make a pat of butter for his head). I saw the idea on the internet (sans butter - that's my idea). I think it's genius. He's hesitant though :(... Oy... He is SO 13. ;)

TODAY I have to "work" and do an e-mail for The Scrapbook Store and update their website.

TODAY we need to bury that dang hermit crab! It's been dead for MONTHS because at first we thought it was going through a molting process (which I honestly think it was - and died in the process). All the websites said don't move him for at least 3 months -- or until he smells "fishy"... well he never smelled at ALL... but he hasn't moved since February or March. Yup - it's time to come to grips that he's finally dead. None of us want to touch him. So we are digging a hole outside and going to pour the contents of his aquarium into the hole and bury it. It's going to be oogy. But it can't be much more oogy than having a dead crab in your house for months! He looks a little gray - but overall - not as bad as you'd think. We may save that for tomorrow, too. I'll keep you informed. ;)

So that's about it. I've been in a mood to THROW STUFF OUT, GET RID OF IT, SELL IT! That's why I went into the kid's room yesterday. We got rid of a TON of stuff. I was SO happy to see the floor again. We need to get the closet doors back on. For some reason they decided to put them in front of their bed. ugh. They've been there for months now and I hate it. It's time for them to be put back on. I have to call management to do it. I HATE these closet doors. Shoot me if I ever decide to put them in a house that we get (someday).

I'm off to start Today! :)

No comments: