Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

Halloween 2008 has officially come to a close!

Actually we really enjoy this time of year because we make it fun. This year we went to the "Harvest Festival" at the school where they had a ton of activities for the kids, including a jail they set up. You could pay to take out a warrant and have someone arrested. So, of course, we took a warrant out on Scotty! Brett was asked right away to help at the warrant table. He did an excellent job.

Then last night was our Trunk-or-Treat at the church. They had a Primary activity for the kids at 5pm. Then at 6pm we had a ward dinner of chili and desserts. I brought chili and it worked out really well! We had several crock pots of chili, corn muffins and then 2 tables of desserts. At each table they had apple juice, water, saltines and butter. It was REALLY nice! And a TON of people came!

After dinner - we went out to our cars and handed out candy from our trunks. We didn't dress up our trunk this year :( -- I should have taken the time to plan that out a little more.

Brett taped a large quarter to his back (a novelty we picked up at Mount Rushmore this past summer) and wore a football jersey. He was a "Quarterback" *groan*.... And Scotty went as Eric - a Crane Mechanic. It was a costume he looked forward to ALL year! He couldn't wait to be Daddy. He thinks Daddy has the best job in the whole world. So of course I had to paint a beard on him! :)

[CHECK SIDEBAR FOR SLIDESHOW!]

We had a blast! And it was so well organized because we were done by 7:30! Perfect! Of course we talked in the parking lot sitting in our trunk to missionaries and Paul & Esther. Elder Salls is a new missionary and showed me a misspelling (an ACTUAL misprint) in the Bible. I can't wait to use it on the Seminary kids.

I have to say - I really missed Donna and Karissa this year. They counted the days and really looked forward to spending that time together with us! I really missed them this year. (I know they were thinking of us too!)

No comments: