I haven't written in awhile. Here is the latest!...
Pneumonia - or something like it - has infected me. I'm on prednisone, some sort of 'cillan, an inhaler and some kind of cough syrup that has oxycodone in it. The end result is that my symptoms seem NO better - but I could care less! LOL! I'll ride out the Thanksgiving weekend and then it's back to the doc if I'm not doing any better. I feel ok - but as soon as I work on something - I'm wiped out!
Lake Geneva - was awesome. I posted the pictures where we saw the most awesome sunset AND a rainbow that was so brilliant. The pictures don't do it justice. I got 42 pages of scrapbooking done! That is a record for me. I'll be posting some pictures soon of my pages.
Family - they are awesome. Scotty was also struck by this bug - but it came to him as an ear infection (and then another one immediately after the first). So he's finishing up his antibiotic and he's 100% again. Brett has congestion - but nothing major.
Brett has been Mr. Awesome lately. I'm so impressed with that kid. He worked at a soup kitchen last week, then ran a youth activity at church and then ran another activity on Sunday night. He's involved in an engineering competition at MSOE and also is doing well with his violin. He's doing pretty well at school and he's been a huge help at home. I think I have the best teenager in the whole world. And yet, he still remains to be so "cool" to his friends. How did I get so lucky?
Scotty has REALLY started to "click" with school. He loves it! He's doing an excellent job! His reading skills have gone through the roof! He is my poster child for the optimistic. His favorite phrase is "Look at the bright side..." no matter WHAT we are doing.
Of course Eric is always fantastic. He's the best dad and hubby a girl could ever ask for. He's been so sweet with me being sick and all. He's in Indiana this week for work - but he calls in at night so we can do speaker-phone family prayer. :D Too cool. It'll be good for him to have a few days off this weekend. He deserves it.
News from home is that a dear friend of ours, Sister Genge passed away. She was an amazing woman who enjoyed genealogy more than any one human being on this earth. And I know some VERY avid genealogists!! She's going to have quite a reunion on the other side of the veil! Including my Mom greeting her with open arms and having stories to tell. I have so many Sister Genge stories - she was honest, knowledgeable, and a gem of a woman.
So I am thankful. We're off to Hayward this weekend for some turkey, family time, shopping and likely a funeral. But it's all good. I'll enjoy all of it! (The funeral because it will be a celebration of a wonderful life and I'm glad I'll likely be there for it.)
*Hugs everyone*
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sorry I was out while you were sick! I'm glad you're feeling better. We need to go see Twilight again, ring me and let me know what works for you! -Esther
I went private on my blog but want to invite you. My email is derwin_lewis1950@hotmail.com
I will send you an invite.
Post a Comment